This video is a chronicle of 50 years of PCC’s running in Toronto. PCCs were introduced in Toronto in 1938. Multiple Unit operation began in 1949, and helped ease congestion as the subway was being built. By the 1950s, Toronto had the largest fleet in North America. The fleet slowly wethered away from the 1980s until finally being retired in November 1995.
Narrated. 60 Minutes.
Copyright 1987 GPS VIDEO.